Custom ordering of furniture
Timber fields woodworks is a family operated wood shop, we manufacture all of our products with locally sourced, reclaimed or repurposed lumber. Here is a list of information about our process and cautionary information as well.
- In the state of California we are required to inform you that there might be or are chemicals in sawdust that have been shown to cause health problems.
- All measurments , even when given exactly per request of a custom order, are approximate due to the varying species, cuts, and moisture contents of the lumber we use.
- Late invoice payment / Overdue Invoices: You will be notified of payment requests for overdue invoices, if there is no payment on the past due amazing we may apply an additional interest fee on the late payment.
- Our lead times change frequently due to weather, lumber stock and color dry times, as we live in a moisture heavy climate and we can only keep so much lumber in stock. The general lead time for a custom order can be 3-6 weeks and sometimes longer for larger orders. Please check in regularly to hear any updates.
- Like any wooden furniture there are some hazards - we use oil based and water based stains and polyurethanes alongside latex paints and other woodworking and finishing chemicals. Wood furniture may or may not bend, bow or crack if left to the elements or in rooms with a lot of humidity or moisture.
- Custom orders are non refundable and cancelling stock orders requires a 20% fee, otherwise we will bill for full amount after item is completed and delivered or ready for pickup.
- All quotes are subject to change if the species of wood or the design does not work with the dimensions given. Extra costs can be added after brought up to customer if needed.
- Table tops or smooth surface tops are finished in a satin or gloss polyurethane, please contact us within reason if you wish to request a different finish.
- Deposits are applied to the final payment of the order, not for individual items.
- if order cancellation restocking fees cannot be paid there would be a storage fee of which we may inform you as to the amount charged per day for items not picked up or with a valid delivery address.
- Different wood species behave differently, when talking about budget please consider the effects on quality of your project. Ask us before you purchase if the wood we are using is the type you would like for the use you might need it for. Example: dining tables fair better and longer with hardwoods.
- Attention: softwoods do tend to crack over time because of the expanding and contracting wood goes through.
- We do our best to answer all inquiries in a timely fashion, however because we are building all day we are not always able to get to questions or quieries right away. Please leave a message so we can respond when needed.
- Timber Fields Woodworks is not responsible for loss or damage of products once items delivered to any third party.
Timber fields woodworks delivers custom furnishings all over Los Angeles, Riverside, Orange , San Bernandino, and San Diego Counties. There are fees for each delivery agreed upon during the quote process between timber fields woodworks and the customer. Damages durning transit are covered by timber fields woodworks and will be corrected if feasible durning delivery or we return and repair and redeliver at a later time.
Timber fields woodworks sells home decor products in a limited fashion. We also can ship out custom furnishings, with costs communicated with the customer before shipment. Once items have been transferred over to a shipping or transportation company we are no longer liable for damages that occur during transit. Any and all damages that occur durning transit must be reported within the first 3 days upon receipt, and must have photos of the damaged areas in order to properly file a claim with the shipping or transportation company. Once claim is filed, the items are returned to us and we can send out a replacement or offer a refund. Returns : we accept returns on a case to case basis, and offer no returns for custom orders. Returns that are allowed ( home decor items ) must be requested within 15 days and full refunds will be sent when items arrive to our facility, undamaged and in an acceptable condition that we will appoint. Shipping lead times are subject to change depending on activity of our manufacturing. The usual shipping timeframe is 2-4 weeks.